Team management is not just about keeping your team productive. It’s about growth, communication, and leading by example. Without the right tools, you can be setting yourself up for failure.
In this article, you will see some of the best team management software tools that will help your team stay on top of their game.
This article will cover:
The Importance of Team Management Software
Teams are becoming more and more vital to the growth of organizations. Managers realize that having “the right” people on a team means everything. With this comes the need for team management apps that can help manage tasks, projects, communication, responsibilities, and the wellness of the team members.
Team management apps come in all shapes and sizes; some offer specific functionality, while others provide a more general set of features to cover all team management needs.
These software’s functions include project tracking, time tracking, work-related information storage, task list creation/assignment/tracking, employee evaluation/progress reporting tools, absence notification services, expense reporting services, communication and collaboration tools, etc.
The 5 Best team management software in 2022
1. Zumvie: One-on-one meetings
Managers who do 1:1’s with their direct reports will enjoy Zumvie, as it’s built for that exact purpose. 1:1’s is a great way to retain employees, understand their aspirations, and dig deeper into the team dynamics.
Zumvie focuses on software engineering managers and other engineering leaders, and it is built directly on Jira as a Jira add-on and also has a Standalone application.
Many similar tools force a way to manage staff or run these 1:1 meetings, but Zumvie does the opposite; it provides the complete freedom to make the notes you want, in the way you want, with powerful features to enhance the 1:1 experience.
These features include:
- Agenda items: Collect agenda items to be discussed in the 1:1 meeting, and there’s a Slackbot to remind both parties to submit them in a day or two before the meeting.
- Follow-up items: “is your direct report saying something important to touch base on in a later meeting?” with Zumvie, you make them follow-up items and pin them if they are extra important.
- Action items: One-on-one meetings usually end up having loads of different action items and to-dos from them, so Zumvie helps managers to make those into tasks in a neat to-do list.
- Private notes: To store sensitive or confidential information about the direct report, Zumvie helps you make personal notes for your eyes only.
- Meeting history log: With one scroll, you can see the previous meetings, what happened in them to quickly understand the context of the conversation.
2. Chanty: Collaboration tool
Chanty is an easy-to-use team collaboration tool. Chanty lets teams exchange chat and voice messages, have audio and video calls bringing all of the team’s communication in one place without extra complexity.
While chatting with Chanty, teams can turn messages into tasks and manage them in an inbuilt Kanban board.
Chanty also lets teams integrate third-party applications like Trello, Asana, Zapier, Github, Google Drive, and more. Also, Chanty provides teams with the functionality to import message history and other team data from other messaging apps like Slack.
- The ability to make audio & video calls.
- The support for importing message history from third-party messengers.
- Inbuilt Kanban board for task management.
- Unlimited searchable message history.
- The ability to send voice messages: cuts down on meetings.
- Teambook app, which helps teams stay organized right on their mobile phones.
3. Peakon: People analytics and employee engagement
Peakon is an employee success platform designed to improve organizational success. Peakon provides managers with the right analytics to help them drive employee engagement both at a team and organizational level.
With the largest standardized dataset of employee feedback worldwide, Peakon can provide managers with insights and suggested actions based on the success of some of the world’s leading organizations.
- Peakon Engage: Peakon Engage improves employee engagement by giving managers real-time data of employees’ experience using “Natural Language Processing” to help managers quickly drill into any issues that might affect employees engagement.
- Peakon Include: Peakon Include supports the diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives of managers by:
- Collecting demographic data (in a compliant way) ensures that new initiatives are designed around data of underrepresented groups.
- Providing a safe way for employees to report misconduct and alerts key stakeholders in real-time.
- Peakon Grow: Peakon Grow adopts a more agile approach to employee development and improved performance. It provides employees with regular high-quality feedback from collaborators, colleagues, and mentors that understand their development needs.
4. Discord: Communication & Chat
Discord is a chat and voice-over-internet protocol initially designed for gamers in 2015. But now Discord has evolved into something extraordinary. Discord has recently changed its branding from a gamer’s chatting platform into a general chatting software with more diverse uses.
Discord is now being used by educational institutions like schools and colleges, organizations, companies, Youtubers, streamers, influencers, and gamers all alike.
Discord has come a long way from what it was, adding more features as it goes and listening to user requests. This is why it can be considered one of the best team management software you need to know about in 2022.
Discord also has a vast range of features which include:
- Text chats.
- Voice chats.
- File sharing (within the private groups).
- Channels: Discord channels may be used for voice chat and streaming or instant messaging and file sharing.
- Servers: Discord communities are organized into discrete collections of channels called servers.
- Direct messages.
- User profiles.
- Video calls and streaming.
- Digital distribution.
- Developer tools.
5. Hubstaff: Work Time Tracking
Hubstaff is the ultimate all-in-one work time tracker for field and remote teams. Hubstaff records what your team is working on, when, and where to provide you with a total picture of each team member’s productivity. It also identifies top times of productivity during the day so teams can plan for them or avoid them in the future to maximize the team’s workday potential.
With Hubstaff, it is easy to keep track of budgets, schedules, payroll, and the limit set on work hours.
- Time tracking
- Online timesheets
- Payroll software
- Employee monitoring
- Productivity measurement
- GPS tracking
- Online invoicing
- Project budgeting
- Detailed reporting and more.
6. Jira Software: The #1 Software Development Tool Used By Agile Teams
Jira Software is a tool used by agile teams. It is an agile team management software that helps teams to manage their projects efficiently. It provides all the necessary tools for project management, issue tracking, and collaboration.
It has an interface that is easy to use and provides feedback on the project’s progress in real-time.
There are various use cases of Jira Software, but you can use it for any type of agile team management because it provides features required for agile team management.
Jira also has a vast range of features which include:
- Scrum and Kanban Boards: Jira offers you the ability to create and manage agile Scrum and Kanban Boards for your projects.
- Roadmaps: Jira helps you sketch out the full picture of your product with Roadmaps
- Agile Reporting: Jira gives out-of-the-box real-time and actionable insights into how your team performs Sprint after Sprint.
- Integrations to increase power: Jira is flexible and extendable with the Jira plugins add-ons. Like Zumvie, which is built directly on Jira as an add-on, you can manage one-on-ones with your developers right from Jira.
In today’s globalized economy with ever-shifting market dynamics and competition as fierce as never before – leading-edge contemporary businesses need an agile and adaptive workforce with instant decisions. That’s why these five tools have been selected out of literally hundreds.